v0.2 – revised 05 Jan 2021
MobiTech Water Solutions Ltd, Astrol Building, Thika Road, Nairobi, Kenya
What personal information we collect from you and for which purpose (Section 3 and 4)
- The measures to safeguard the access to and the security of your Personal Data. (Section 5)
- Your rights to access, rectify, erase your Personal Data and object to the processing of your Personal Data (Section 8).
In order to use the Products, you must first acknowledge and agree to our Privacy
Mobitech Water Solutions Ltd provides the Mobi-Water Application, a set of tools and applications for people to remotely monitor, manage and bill water usage. The Mobi-Water Application consists of the Mobi-Water Platform, the Mobi-Water Mobile Application and the Mobi-Water Dashboard (each as defined hereinafter and collectively the “Application”). The Platform is the engine of the Application and interacts with and transmits data between the Hardware Sensors, Mobile Application and Dashboard. In addition, the Platform also analyses and stores data. The Dashboard and Mobile Application is an online tool with the sole intention to display, add and store your data.
In order to use our Products, we require you to consent to the collection and processing of your
Personal Data before you start using the Products. If you do not agree with the terms of this
Mobi-Water is committed to protecting the privacy of all of its users Personal Data and providing a secure, user-controlled environment for the use of the Products. At the same time, you also share responsibility for maintaining privacy and security for example, by not allowing any third party to use your personal account on the Mobi-Water Mobile Application and Mobi-Water Dashboard. Mobi-Water asks all users to be responsible for safeguarding any authentication information and to immediately notify Mobi-Water of any unauthorized use of your personal Account.
- “Account” means your account registered through the registration process on the Mobi-Water
Mobile Application or Mobi-Water Dashboard.
- “Application” means the (i) Mobi-Water Platform; (ii) Mobi-Water Mobile Application and (iii) Mobi-Water Dashboard
- “Mobi-Water Dashboard” means the dashboard made available to the users, located
- “Mobi-Water Mobile Application” means the mobile application (i) which the user has to download on its mobile device and (ii) is intended display, analyze, store and transmit your water data.
- “Mobi-Water Platform” means the platform on which the Mobi-Water Mobile Application and the Mobi-Water Dashboard are connected and collectively function. Depending on the user profile different application functions can be made available
- “Products” means the Application, Website and Documentation
- “Insights” means the data collected via the application and rendered in an optimal way by the
Mobi-Water Platform through the Mobi-Water Mobile Application and Mobi-Water Dashboard.
- “Third Parties” means any natural or legal person or entity other than Mobi-Water
- “Website” means the website available at www.mobiwater.co.ke
- Information we collect
We may collect several types of personal information from the users of our Products, and store it
on your mobile device and/or our server such as:
- Contact information (e.g. your name, postal address, e-mail address, location and mobile number)
- The profile data provided by you on your account such as your name.
- How do we use your Personal Data
Mobi-Water (i) collects, (ii) uses, (iii) maintains and (iv) may share your Personal Data provided by you or collected by us with its affiliates, parent companies or other related companies for all purposes necessary to ensure the proper functioning and operation of the User accounts and/or the proper functioning of the Products. These purposes may include (collectively the “Purpose”):
- Creating and managing your Account to use the Application;
- Providing information and allowing the Users access to the Products;
- Diagnosing technical problems and managing technical support and processing inquiries concerning the Products;
- Contacting the Users by phone, email, text message or push notifications (if they are enabled) to (i) verify your account (ii) for information and operational purposes such as account management, instructions, alerts, reminders, customer service, system maintenance and others
- Contacting the Users to (i) communicate about, and organize your participation in market research or (ii) obtaining testimonials;
- Commercializing the Application;
- The operation, evaluation and improvement of the Products (including the development of additional products and/or services, enhancing and improving the current Products, analysis of our Products, quality control activities and performing internal business functions such as accounting and auditing);
- Protecting against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
Furthermore, you agree that Mobi-Water is free to access, retain, and disclose Personal Data in the following events:
- In order to be in compliance with any applicable legislation or regulations;
- If a law enforcement authority or other government official requests so;
- The investigation of any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity and
- To protect your or our safety and/or rights.
By using the Application, you acknowledge and explicitly agree that we may disclose certain information to vendors and service providers who help us provide the Products. Examples of these vendors and service providers include entities that process credit or debit card payments and provide analytics and web hosting services. We will not share your information without your permission.
You furthermore understand and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the
Products, including your Personal Data, may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) modifications to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks, or devices.
Mobi-Water shall take appropriate administrative, technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of any Personal Data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage, access, disclosure or use. Upon written request, Mobi-Water can provide you with a list of people of Mobi-Water that may have access to your Personal Data. These people have entered into confidentiality agreements prior to having been granted access to your Personal Data.
In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the Personal
Data, or access by an unauthorized person, Mobi-Water is required by law to notify the user if the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system version, information on actions taken on our Products (such as usage, activity logs an click-throughs), and dates and times of visits. Log data is deleted on a regular basis.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
In the event of full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of Mobi-Water, we may transfer your Personal Data to a Third Party. In such event, Mobi-Water shall impose this Third
We may also share Personal Data with Third Party service providers who help us to provide, understand, commercialize and improve our Products. We do not authorize these Third Party service providers to use or disclose your Personal Data except as strictly necessary to perform any services under our supervision or to comply with applicable legislation. We seek to provide any such Third Party service provider with only the Personal Data they need to perform their specific function.
- Your rights
Right of access If you are concerned or have any questions about your Personal Data, you have the right to request access to the Personal Data which we hold or process about you. We will then provide you with information about the data that are being processed and on the source of those data.
Right of rectification and right of erasure You have the right to request us free of charge to correct, erase or block any inaccuracies in your Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
Right to not be subject to automatated individual decision making You have the right to request us not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws by Mobi-Water.
- Data retention and deletion
Please note that we retain your Personal Data even if you temporarily stop using the Application until you permanently delete the Application on your mobile device and notify us thereof. Upon notification, we may retain and continue to use and disclosure your Personal Data to Third Parties exclusively on a fully anonymized basis.
- Third Party websites or applications
You acknowledge and agree that certain content or services provided by Third Parties may be made available to you through the Products. You agree that such linked content or services may have their own privacy policies for which Mobi-Water cannot be held responsible. Mobi-Water does not in any way review or endorse the privacy practices of such Third Parties.
MobiTech Water Solution Ltd
Astrol Building, Thika Road